- What is the part of speech for hesitate?
- What is the adjective of hesitate?
- What are the causes of hesitation?
- What is a synonym of hesitate?
- What is the antonym for hesitate?
- What’s the opposite of hesitation?
- What is a word for without hesitation?
- What does Hestation mean?
- How do you do something without hesitation?
- Is hesitation an emotion?
- What does it mean to be in two minds?
- What does hesitatingly mean?
- What does certainty mean?
What is the part of speech for hesitate?
part of speech: intransitive verb.
inflections: hesitates, hesitating, hesitated..
What is the adjective of hesitate?
adjective. /ˈhezɪtənt/ /ˈhezɪtənt/ slow to speak or act because you feel uncertain, embarrassed or unwilling.
What are the causes of hesitation?
Reasons Behind HesitationFear. As the number one culprit behind hesitation, and I am talking about the bad type, is fear. … Low Self Worth and Lack of Confidence. Remember, you are as good as you allow yourself to be. … Comfort Zone. … Too Many Options. … Overthinking.
What is a synonym of hesitate?
SYNONYMS. pause, delay, hang back, wait, shilly-shally, dither, stall, temporize, be in two minds, be in a quandary, be in a dilemma, be on the horns of a dilemma. be uncertain, be hesitant, be unsure, be doubtful, be indecisive, equivocate, vacillate, oscillate, waver, have second thoughts.
What is the antonym for hesitate?
Antonyms of HESITATE continue, advance, go along, adhere, stick, carry on, stand fast, persist, abide, meet, face, stay, agree, persevere, hasten, hold fast, go ahead, resolve, expedite, attack, do well, hurry, remain, go, rush.
What’s the opposite of hesitation?
What is the opposite of hesitation?certaintyresolutiondecisivenesseagernessfaithgoperseverancesurenesstrustconviction23 more rows
What is a word for without hesitation?
Similar words for without hesitation: immediately (adverb) readily (adverb) short (adverb) other synonyms.
What does Hestation mean?
A hesitation is a pause. If your friend asks you, “Do you like my new haircut?” you’d better make sure there’s not a second’s hesitation before you answer, “Yes, of course!” Hesitation happens when you feel uncertainty or doubt.
How do you do something without hesitation?
Here are four ways by which you overcome and get past your hesitation.Understanding hesitation. There is no way to overcome your hesitation without first understanding it. … Challenge your fears. Hesitation often leads to anxiety, which is quite simply a fear of the unknown. … Relax. … Set goals.
Is hesitation an emotion?
However, in the correct setting, and in brief timeframes, these emotions are totally regular. … … Negative sentiments and feelings beginning with H letter: Hateful, Heartbroken, Helpless, Hesitant, Hesitant, Hostile, Humiliated, Hurt.
What does it mean to be in two minds?
British. : not decided or certain about something : having two opinions or ideas about something I’m in two minds about (hiring) him: he seems well-qualified, but he doesn’t have much experience.
What does hesitatingly mean?
1. To pause or wait in uncertainty: She hesitated for a second before opening the door. 2. To be slow to act, speak, or decide: “I have for many months hesitated about the propriety of allowing this, or any part of my narrative, to come before the public eye, until after my death” (Thomas De Quincey).
What does certainty mean?
something that is certain1 : something that is certain. 2 : the quality or state of being certain especially on the basis of evidence.